Meet Emily – Founder, Consultant & Trainer
Emily Breedlove is the founder of Small Town Ventures and brings over 12 years of experience working on marketing, small business and rural development projects. She most recently served as the Director of the Certified Entrepreneurial Communities Program with the AdvantageWest Economic Development Group serving the 23 counties of Western North Carolina. While at AdvantageWest, Emily provided assistance to the 16 communities engaged in the program and managed the national marketing campaign promoting the expansion of CEC. In February 2014, Emily decided to start her own entrepreneurial venture to continue providing support to rural communities wanting to better support their area small businesses. Emily obtained the certification to teach the North Carolina REAL (Rural Entrepreneurship through Action Learning) Curriculum and now integrates that material into the classes taught by STV.
A serial entrepreneur herself, Emily has successfully started and sold companies ranging from a full-service marketing & design company, small business coaching & consulting firm and a regional co-working & training facility.
Trainings & Certifications
Some of the opportunities which Emily has participated in over the past few years are:
- Center for Rural Entrepreneurship, Energizing Entrepreneurs (attended)
- SBTDC of NC, Becoming an Investor-Ready Entrepreneur (attended)
- Certified Instructor of the NC REAL Curriculum (Rural Entrepreneurship through Action Learning) (attended)
- Brushy Fork Institute Trainer; Community Entrepreneurship Track 2013, Rural Tourism Development 2014 (taught)
- 25th Annual Rural Community & Economic Development Conference, Certified Entrepreneurial Communities Training (taught)
- Certified Entrepreneurial Communities Program Leadership Training Academy (hosted & taught)
- HandMade in America, Small Towns Summit (spoke)
- Southwest Virginia Creative Economies Summit (spoke)
- Dynamic Governance Workshop, Sims & Steele Consulting (attended)